Tuesday, August 5, 2008

What is Field Test Display (FTD), NetMonitor, Engineering Mode

Spy Cellular Network Information
Do you know when your mobile phone communicate with cellular network in full power?

What is the sound quality when you are in conversation?

Data transfer is slow. Am I using EDGE or GPRS?

With Field Test Display, the above questions can be easily answered.

If you hit this page by search engine, you should properly know what is Field Test Display (FTD), NetMonitor (Netmon) and Engineering Mode. Yes, they refer to same thing. Different handset supplier use different terms to describe same function.

FTD is used to display engineering mode information, which is intended for network engineers' information. The information is useful for them to have quick check on network performance. Of course, phone users can also benefit from the "hidden" information if they know what the parameters refering to.

How to enable netmon function? Different brand and different handset type will have different methods. Some phone can enable the field test display by secret code. Some phones need patch specific bits of firmware (like Nokia DCT-4 phones).

The display varies from handset to handset, and not all handsets give the same information. By looking at the following links you should have an idea what it is related.

{links to be added later}

This blog is created in an attempt to provide myself a place to collect all the interesting information related the netmon. Of course, I will be glad if you find the information useful. Your comments are highly appreciated.

5 comments:

PC July 31, 2009 at 6:37 AM  

At the moment this page is the best source of information about field test, at least if we speak of symbian.
If I will manage to install FT on my e71 according to your instructions, I'll be glad to try to give my little contribute to the cause
pc

Anonymous August 26, 2009 at 4:20 AM  

Hi, i really like this website, and i have a lot of experience with Field test on various versions of mobile phones.
I would like to support you and your website.
You can contact via mail or msn messenger suhogerllaj@hotmail.com.

Unknown September 4, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

I installed FTD in my E71, and based on manual, there are many groups but actually, the software couldn't display as full as description in manual(e.g: group 02, 03 ect).Does anybody has note this issue and do you have the full version as display in manual.?
nhatjapbmt@yahoo.com

Anonymous December 8, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

Hello Phan

Please Can you send me the website to download FTD for E71.

Thanks!!

marco3cr@gmail.com

BC_Silva October 12, 2011 at 5:06 PM  

Hello Phan

I noticed that you managed to install FTD (Field Test Display) successfully in your E71.
It could help me with this?
Could I indicate where the file down and how do I install on my E71?

I would appreciate if I could return ...

brenoces@yahoo.com.br

  © Blogger template 'Ultimatum' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP